Today I will tell you about introducing a bank identification number (BVN). Your BVN is your identity of everything. If you want to open a bank account, apply for an online loan, open a business account, or take advantage of financial services in Nigeria, you need BVN.
Fraudsters can use your BVN to get account numbers, telephone numbers that you use at the bank, date of birth, OTP, and other financial information. With all this financial data, they can borrow on your behalf without your rights. Fraudsters can buy goods online at your ATM and even withdraw or transfer money from their bank accounts.
These are 6 methods that scammers can use to get BVN and other details
1. You can call them or send them an email or text message asking for your BVN. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BNR WITH YOU. If in doubt, contact your bank or financial service provider and ask them directly.
2. Please never enter BVN or your bank details on a website with a web address such as http: // (not a secure website). A secure website will look like this: https (secure website)
3. If you have a banking problem and have been asked to write a letter of settlement and make a mistake in the letter. If you are asked to write another letter, make sure you have taken the previous letter from the banker. Fraudsters receive bank details from documents required by the bank.
4. Please never apply for an online loan from an unofficial loan authority. Check the safety of this circulation desk
5. Don’t store BVN in (MY BVN) on your cellphone.
6. Please delete the telephone number that you use for bank notifications from all your social media. Try to get separate social media telephone numbers.
Please like and share.