If you are interested to pursue higher education in ocean studies, you must not miss out on this unique opportunity to undertake a fully funded Masters or PhD in Marine Science in the United Kingdom. Apply for the Ocean Country Partnership Programme (OCPP) Scholarships offered by the Association of Commonwealth Universities for the academic year 2022-2023.
The application pathway is open for students from the South Pacific regions wanting t to undertake a PhD or Master‡s study in Marine Science at a Commonwealth Host University. This scholarship program is funded by UK‡s Blue Planet Fund and will cover the tuition fees of the winning students. It will also provide living allowance, travel grants, and research support grants.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is the world’s first and oldest international university network, established in 1913. The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education. It is dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities has over 500 member universities in 50 countries across the Commonwealth. 66% of its members are in low and middle-income countries, and 5% are in small states. The network covers over 10 million students and more than 1 million academic and professional staff.
Application Deadline: The application process is ongoing and will close on 3rd January 2023.
- University or Organization: Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters or PhD
- Awards: Tuition fee and other benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Tokelau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Tuvalu are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD Agriculture, PhD Biology, PhD Chemistry, PhD Earth Science, PhD Environmental Management, PhD Environmental Science, PhD Geography, PhD Marine Management, PhD Marine Science, MA Environmental Management, MA Geography, MA Marine Management, Master of Agriculture, MSc Biology, MSc Chemistry, MSc Earth Science, MSc Environmental Science, MSc Geospatial Science, or MSc Marine Science programmes at a host university can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants for Master‡s should be citizens of, and normally resident in, the Solomon Islands or Vanuatu.
- The applicants for PhD should be citizens of other Pacific Island countries (Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Tokelau, Samoa, Tonga and Tuvalu).
- The applicants should be working in or have significant experience of work in the areas of environment, fisheries and aquaculture science.
- The applicants should propose a research topic which is innovative, timely, and likely to lead to a clearly demonstrated wider impact beyond the academic community.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be made on the host university‡s application portal. The application can be made online by logging in here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Plan of study
- Impact and Policy
- Personal Development
- Communicating Research
- Admission Requirements: The applicants should hold an undergraduate or bachelor‡s-level degree, and the applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for postgraduate study at the host University.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of their host requirements. IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc., are widely accepted across British universities.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities will award the selected candidates the following benefits for 18 months or three years for master’s or PhD, respectively:
- Tuition fees (including general fees and health fees)
- Living allowance
- Research support grant
- Travel grant (case by case basis)
- Dependent, disability and maternity costs (case by case basis)